Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good morning...

I feel like I actually accompished something today! Well, this morning I managed to get up at 6:15 and do my Bible time. Then I went for a half hour walk. At 7:00 am, I made Dad's breakfast and did the dishes for Mom. I got breakfast and the dogs are taken care of. Now I'm off to make bread. I'll post the recipe later.

Also, a few days ago, we went to my aunt's house after dinner. I was remembering going to Grandma's house and the walks in the woods and baking bread, and we used to all run down to the railroad when we heard a train to see if we could get there before it left. We got Christmas trees there some years, and I remember having hot chocolate one year because my hands were so cold. We played catch with the football and we helped Grandma in her garden and we swam and picked strawberries and blueberries. We always liked to eat blueberries after swimming. We also liked to play civil war. It was such a wonderful time going over to Grandma and Grandpa's house. They died in October 2003, just five days apart, my Grandma from lung cancer, and my Grandpa from pneumonia at a nursing home. I realized just how much I miss going to Grandma's.

0 comments: