Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wishing Grandma were here

I have been missing Grandma lately. I miss going to her house and walking in the woods. I miss swimming and eating her cookies. I miss baking bread at her house. I miss listening to just the sound of her voice. I miss the dings of her clocks when we were visiting. I miss her garden and her canning cellar. I miss her swing. I miss Thanksgiving dinners. I miss her coming for Christmas. I miss her teaching me about birds and gardening. I just plain miss her.

I wish she were here. There are so many questions that I have wanted to ask her. So many wonders I've had about her. So many things she could have taught me. I miss the things that she didn't have time to teach me. Like more about gardening and what her younger years were like. More about baking and bread and recipes. More about herself. I think of things I want to ask her all the time. And then I realize that she's not here to ask.


I wish she were still here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that when your folks moved to Virginia they stayed (rather than continuing their bouncy tumbleweed approach to the 50 states) thereby giving you the opportunity to forge such a good relationship with your grama. If it were me, I would have kept her house and the pool and the strawberry patch and the blueberry patch and the . . . many other aspects that she built into the homestead. It is a gem of your heart that you have these memories to treasure. You are blessed! Aunt Cindy