Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update.

Here we are in our new house finally. I'm a little (okay, a LOT) frustrated that we don't have closet shelves yet. So my room has lots of boxes still. Well, this is here. We are getting ready to start school and that's going interesting. I'm going to my riding teacher's place to visit in about a week, I think. I can't wait to do that, because I miss everyone so much! My brother-in-law and sister and neice came to visit over the weekend and then my brother-in-law went back to work this week. He left my sister and niece here.

Today, I took my niece on a walk in the woods with our dogs. On the way out, it started to look dark the direction facing the house. Rain was on the way. We saw a black snake in the grass that still hasn't been mowed and made our way up to get the dogs a drink and put them in the garage (their temporary sleeping area) to eat. Then we went up on the covered front porch and watched our first storm roll in. It was a lot of fun and we saw part of a rainbow before the storm. After it rained, the sun came out the rest of the way and we saw the full rainbow! I decided not to pull out my camera, but it was spectacular. So pretty. Every time I see the rainbow, I remember why it's there. It is absolutely amazing to think that I am looking at what God is looking at( Genesis 9:16). It's so cool and it reminds me that God never breaks His promises. It makes me smile. =)

We have a lot of work to do still. We need to mow and get fencing up. Actually, for my horse, the brush needs to be tilled up and re-seeded. I don't know if I'll be getting a horse this fall or not, but we'll have to see.


2 comments:

clw said...

Woohoo! I'm so glad you're finding fun in amongst the frustration.

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a rainbow before the rainstorm -- wow!

Hopefully you'll soon have lots of schoolwork to keep you busy and then all the other things will fall in place. It'll be so good.
: D

Amber said...

Wow, Girl, I don't know if I'd ever thought about that before - that when I'm looking at a rainbow, I'm looking at what God is looking at. Thanks for the thought. :) Love ya!