Monday, August 11, 2008

God used me...

Yesterday, I went to my riding teacher's house to help out with a "fresh air" group of kids that were coming to ride their horses. I helped tack up, I helped catch horses, I took pictures, I helped clean up, I stayed a little while afterward and helped out with cleaning up and talked to My riding teacher. She has been an amazing influence in my life. I am so glad to know her. She is a true born again Christian and she uses her horses to serve God. She also asks her students to come help them so that we can serve God, too. But that's not what I was going to say. We lead the horses around so the kids can ride for about 20-30 minutes. Well, first a little girl wanted to ride on Sassy(the horse I was leading). She was talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. She said she was eight years old. She started telling me that she had a little brother who lived with her real dad in Connecticut. She said she lived with her mom and her step dad. Then she told me about her nose peeling and started saying she thought that if it didn't heal, kids would tease her at school. She then proceeded to ask me what she should do when kids call her "teacher's pet", and other mean things. I told her that God said we should be kind to our enemies even when they're mean. I'm not exactly sure how her little eight-year-old brain brought her from this point to asking why Jesus died a long time ago. I got to tell her that Jesus died for all of us because He loved us. I got to tell her about sin and why God wanted to pay the penalty for us. I'm sure I said a whole bunch of wrong stuff, but Dad told me that often times when there's a seed planted, there's a whole bunch of husks that go in there with the seeds. I thanked God for letting me share His love with this little girl. She told me I was her friend after she got off Sassy. I told my riding teacher and her husband and they were overjoyed because that's the real reason that they started doing this program of letting the kids come.

0 comments: