Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What I love about God

A few girls that I know(or know of) have posted on this subject. I thought that I would join in!


One of the things I love most about God is how He loved me first. He loved me more than life and gave His own Son to die for my sins. I love His mercy. I love that He can never sin. I love His faithfulness. I love His comfort. I love how His intention all throughout His word was for the salvation of man, and all so He could get the glory. I love His humility. I love His relationship to His people. I love how His wrath turns to mercy over and over again in His word. I love that God is compassionate. I love that He speaks through the quiet of the night and not so much through the storm. I love to hear His voice in the storm. I love that God cares about everyone. I love that He cares what happens to me. I love that He cares how I treat others. I love how He's always there and I will never get a "busy" signal. I love how God's love waits for me. I love how beautiful He made horses and all His creation. I love His creativity. I love how He made everyone special in their own way. I love how He answers prayer. I love how He is always gentle. I love how He can make me respond to the little things. I love that He never pushes Himself on me. I love that He is always listening. I love that He thinks I am worth more than sparrows. I love how He reassures me of His love when I so often forget. I love how He has blessed me with so much more than I need or deserve. I love His grace. I love that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I love that Jesus cried. I love that He never forgets me. I love all His promises. I love His protection. I love His forgiveness. I love His quickness to take me in His arms and hold me. I love His selflessness. I love that He makes intercession for me when I pray. I love that He has made it possible for me to pray and talk directly to Him. I love that He notices me. I love that He became human and can therefore understand all my of weaknesses and failings. I love that He was tempted in every way possible on earth. I love that through it all He never sinned. I could keep going and going and going, but I'll stop here for now.



I almost hate to say it, but I love the way He makes me wait for things until His timing. I just love the way that He always fulfills my dreams soooo much more than I ever dared to dream. I can remember things that I prayed sooo hard about that I would constantly wonder why He was making me wait. But then He would answer me and often it would be far more than I ever dreamed He could do! I just love that about Him.

0 comments: