Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The absolute best feeling in the world...

has got to be when a horse nickers and walks to you without being asked.



If you don't know anything about horses, they don't normally(there are a few exceptions) walk up to you unless you have a treat, and even then, sometimes, you have to go to them. Horses, by nature, would rather spend their time with their equine buddies and just chillin' in a pasture. But under normal circumstances, they would rarely choose to be with a person unless they really love them.


So yesterday, after I had ridden her and then ridden Sapphire(another Arabian), it amazed me when I walked around the barn to take Sapphire back to the pasture, Angel gave a low nicker and came over to the fence to see me again.



When I had been working with her earlier, I had her galloping around a ring without my using a lunge whip or lead rope. She just ran on my voice command. Then she followed me right back to the hitching post almost without the lead rope. I was totally thrown for a loop(haha, another unintentional pun). I never expected her to follow me around. It was the coolest feeling ever!



So, other than that, Colleen got her eye surgery yesterday. I can actually see her eyes, now! I would take a picture, but I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks until I go riding again, because I left my camera at my riding teacher's house. I will give a before and after picture soon.


1 comments:

thefreak said...

why do horses always give a "low nicker?" just out of curiosity... you'd think they'd be so good at that that they'd be sick of it...

"Angel looked at me longingly and trotted out after me, only to find her doom by tripping over the fence..."

I'm bored...