Monday, June 28, 2010

God's Angel (Part Ten)

Part Ten

On June 3rd, I received a second email from the adoption foundation. They wrote with a very upbeat attitude that my vet was wonderful, but said nothing else.

On June 4th, I went to some friends’ house and told them I was hopefully getting a horse, because I still hadn’t heard for sure. Later that day, I received a phone call from my Mom telling me that the adoption foundation had emailed me again. They apologized for “jumping the gun” and explained that their “rule” was not to adopt out horses to first-time horse owners, but said that “I had actively worked with horses according to my references.” They told me to call them for the applicant screening. It sounded like a “yes.”

On June 7th, when I was back home I called the adoption foundation. I was pretty nervous (I think a lot of people would be). They asked me some questions and I couldn’t answer quite all of them. I asked the placement coordinator if they still wanted me to board Angel somewhere else. She said that she thought we should board her somewhere else for 3 months while we were finishing the fencing. I had to call the current adopter (owner) to set up a vet appointment for Angel and she asked how everything was going with the adoption foundation. I explained that they wanted me to board her for three months. She offered to call the foundation and call us back when she was finished talking with them. When she called back, she explained that the placement coordinator became confused and thought that I wanted Angel the next day, and thought that if we boarded her somewhere else, then we could finish the fencing and see her at the same time. We exchanged an email or two after that to confirm what we meant. All I have left to do is finish the fencing and run-in-shed and send in pictures for approval, and then Angel can come home.

I set up a vet appointment for the next day to check on the lameness that she had and get her regular shots. I was so nervous about the lameness, because if she had a major health problem that would become worse, then I couldn’t ride her. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. But I prayed and asked God to be with me, and help me to trust Him, because He had brought me this far. Well, the vet arrived and was wonderful. I really loved her. She checked Angel over and gave her the shots and took a coggins test (blood test). She had me lead Angel around on a relatively flat area so she could see her trot and find out what the issue was. Apparently, Angel has a stifle (knee) injury caused by being out of shape. The treatment is a painkiller and exercise to get her back in shape. After that, it should clear up and Angel should be fine.

Angel is coming home. I am counting the days. I would tell you a number, but I am almost afraid to, as the date we chose has already changed more than once. But God’s brought me this far. If He’s gonna change everything now, I know He’ll be with me through it all.

Well, that brings me to the end of this story. Unless God brings anything else unexpected up or asks me to write more. I have shared this story with so many people already, even though it isn’t quite complete. I am praying that God will use this story for His glory. He may use it to bring Christians closer to Him. He may use it to teach people that He really does care. He may use it to show people that waiting is really worth it in the end. Who knows? He may even use it to bring people to Christ. I don’t know how He’ll use it. But I know that He didn’t bring me through this for nothing. He didn’t ask me to write it for nothing. I am going to ask that you pray that God will use my story. I don’t care if you pray that He’ll use it in a small way or not. Just pray that He’ll use it. In fact, ask God what you should pray for specifically about it. And please, share this. I want people to know just how awesome my God is. I want them to know how much He loves each and every one of them. I want them to know that waiting for something and praying about it always brings amazing results. I want them to know that even though I have gone through pain and loss, God gave me joy in the midst of it. And He even brought me a “happy ever after” ending. I won’t promise what He’ll do in your life. But I will tell you this: I know my God cares. I know that He was with me every step of the way. I know that He cried with me when I lost my first Angel. And I know that He is rejoicing with me now.

But Angel is not the most important thing. Oh sure, I am ecstatic about having a horse after so many years of waiting. Believe me, I am! I am counting the days until she comes home. But Angel is not the reason I have written this story. God is. I fully believe that the reason He brought me through this is so that I could be closer to Him and share who He is with others. That is what is most important. My relationship with God is so different than it was two years ago. It is so different than it was in November. I have a depth of love for God that I have never had before. I have a love for others that only comes from Him. I have a peace that I cannot understand. I have a joy that comes from really knowing that God loves me and is always with me through every trial that may come my way. I cannot even describe it. After everything, I am so thrilled that God brought me through this. Oh, don’t take me wrong, it was hard, and still is. But God brought me through it. I learned so much and I wouldn’t trade my relationship with God for ANYTHING. I wouldn’t have wanted it to happen any other way. I am so glad that God brought this situation into my life, and I pray that He will use it for His glory.

Every day, I learn more about His love. The depth of it just astounds me. And to think that He loved me even before I was born, when He knew that I would despise and reject Him. When He knew I would spit in His face and mock Him. God is just so incredible. To Him be all the glory forever.

Psalm 150- 1Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

6Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Praise the Lord!!!! ((((((())))))))