Friday, June 27, 2008
Ah, the joys of country living...
Well, last night, we watched Pirates 2: Dead man's chest(good movie, by the way). Anyways, we had the dogs in with us and after the movie finished, we put the dogs out in the fence for a few minutes prior to putting them to bed(this is around 10). So it was dark and everything. We heard the dogs barking, for a while, but didn't think anything of it. So, I went out to bring them in and they were barking ferociously at something in the general direction of the woods(or so I thought). So, me, being afraid of the dark, let alone the fact that there might be something in the dark, went back inside to ask Dad for his flashlight. Much to my appreciation(especially when I found out what the animal was), he came out with me to find out what it was. So, we looked around with the flashlight for a minute before we finally discovered it was on the fence. We went a little closer and found out it was a snake. The dogs were being cautious, but they weren't really listening to us, so I went back inside to get them some treats. We put the dogs in and went back out to look at the snake. Now I wish that I had gotten a picture of him, but it's too late now. Anyways, it looked like a black snake to me, however it had some white rings on it(it was dark and hard to see). We were rather surprised to think that the dogs could actually see it on the fence out there. He had himself wrapped around the fence, probably trying to get away(wouldn't you, too, with four dogs after you?). Interesting night last night. We just left him there and he was gone this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment