I am introducing myself by explaining why I chose this name for my blog. Lately, I've been feeling like I'm an inconvenience to the world. I feel like I'm always in the way and am "just another person" in the world. I've been feeling like I'm not worth much of anything to anyone. I have only a few friends, not like other people, who have tons of friends and are popular and preppy. I've been in one or two relationships that I've been ditched in after feeling like I was best friends with them. I also feel like if I open up to people, I'm gonna lose them. I feel like if I'm myself in front of anyone else, they will either shut down to me or they will ditch me. I've been pretty down and depressed lately. I've been doing a lot of reading in my Bible, trying desperately to find answers. However, I've also been listening to music by Andrew Peterson. Last night, I listened to a song called "Just as I am". I have to admit that I didn't really pay a huge amount of attention to it, but it somehow stuck to my mind. This morning, I had been feeling the pressing weight of "being an inconvenience". However, All throughout today, I've been hearing these words in my mind...
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
I believe Jesus has been gently whispering these words in my ear today. I believe He has been telling me I'm worth something to Him, that no matter how I was before, no matter how I will be in the future, and even as I am now, He loves me no matter how popular I am. He loves me the way He made me and I can be myself when I'm with Him. This is why I've named my blog with this title. I just felt like it was really Jesus who was whispering these words over and over to me so I would believe they were for me. I suppose you could say I'm dedicating this blog to Jesus because He really does love me and He will no matter how I change.
Just as I Am
What's that on the ground?
It's what's left of my heart
Somebody named Jesus
Broke it to pieces
And planted the shards
And they're coming up green
They're coming in bloom
I can hardly believe
This is all coming true
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
He showed me the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
All of my life
I've held on to this fear
Its thistles and vines
Ensnare and entwine
What flowers appeared
It's the fear that I'll fall
One too many times
It's the fear that His love
Is no better than mine
(but He says that)
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
He showed me the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
It's time now to harvest
What little that grew
This man they call Jesus
Who planted the seeds
Has come for the fruit
And the best that I've got
Isn't nearly enough
He's glad for the crop
But it's me that He loves
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
The same as the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
The same as the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
He loves me, oh, He loves me,
He loves me, He does
He loves me, He does