Friday, September 26, 2008

Homemade Chicken Soup

Well here is a "recipe" for the chicken soup I made or dinner tonight. For those of you who can't make food without a recipe, I wouldn't advise trying this.


1 whole chicken
8-10 carrots
1-2 whole stalks of celery and leaves
3-4 tbs of chicken bouillon
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. Curry powder(optional)
Fresh parsley leaves
1 onion
3/4 c rice


First, wash chicken and put into a big pot. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer. Simmer for two hours or until chicken falls of the bones. Take chicken out of pot and cool(do not throw away water). When cool, pull chicken off bones and dispose of bones. Replace chicken(cut or pulled into small pieces) in pot with water(now turned yellowish). Cut celery, carrots, parsley leaves, into small pieces and place in pot as well. Add salt and pepper to taste and curry powder(approximately 1/2 tsp). Add chicken bouillon and rice to water. Add 1 onion, chopped or sliced however you want(I hate onions, so I put several toothpicks through the onion and set it in the soup. Bring all of this back to a boil and simmer for an hour or so until soft and hot. Enjoy on a rainy night.


0 comments: