Saturday, September 20, 2008

I am very happy...

I have gotten a book that I have wanted for a year or so now. I'm so excited. I borrowed it from the library once and now I own it. It's called "Horsekeeping on a small acreage" by Cherry Hill. It has numerous bits of information about taking care of your farm and upkeeping the land and even has some general layouts for barns! I can't wait to read every bit of it! I also got an equine photography book called "Horse: a portrait-a photographer's life with horses" by Christine Slawik. There is some amazing photography in there. What I call good equine photography is that which can take my breath away. There's something special and different about really good shots that just makes my heart stop beating and my spirit explode with an unspeakable joy. There's just nothing to compare with seeing an Arabian cantering gracefully in a field. Or a Draft lumbering across a meadow. Then there are those shots that just couldn't be written in a million words. And then those perfect moments of safety, friendship, love, and all while peacefully resting in a field or doing something as insignificant as grooming each other. I want to be a be able to capture these moments and make people shudder. Make people laugh. Make people smile. Make people stop breathing. Make people ponder these beautiful animals. Make people cry.

This is my vision. I can't explain the feeling I have when I see good photography. You have to be there to understand it. And this is what I want to do.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I've read that book! "Horse Keeping on a small acreage." You're right; it's great. :)