As I drink my second mug of wassail, I will tell you about today.
Today started out kinda slow. We got breakfast and finally made a decision about where to get a Christmas tree. We decided to get one here. (Blogger did it again. So click on the pictures, please)
Christmas tree hunting...

I wanted to put this one in my room. Oh, well.

We finally picked out a tree and tied it to the car. After we brought it home, I started the wassail, and decided to start some cream cheese walnut muffins and we got the tree in the house.
Cream Cheese walnut muffins
Beat together-1 c soft margarine
8 oz. cream cheese
Add-
1/4 tsp. salt
Work in by hand-
2 c sifted flour
Roll into ball and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours
Roll out dough cut to fit mini muffin tins
Filling(may have to make double)-
1 1/2 c brown sugar
2 T melted margarine
2 eggs
1 1/4 c chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Bake 350 degrees for 20 min.
Let cool in pan a few mins. before removing. (May have to use butter knife to remove from pans)
But anyway, after starting the dough, I ended up going out again to get some things an hour away. When we left, it had been snowing a litte, but I didn't think much of it since it usually doesn't do much here. So, when we came out of Walmart, it was really snowing. We drove the hour home through the snow and when we got home I went out with the dogs to get a few pictures of the half-inch of snow for my blog.
Then I turned the wassail back on(which I had never finished making) and we got some turkey soup for dinner. After dinner, I finished the filling on the cream cheese walnut muffins. By this time, it was probably about nine or so. I finally got started on decorating the tree. There is not much else(excluding riding of course) more satisfying or fun than decorating the Christmas tree in your pjs when you have Christmas music playing and wassail to drink and cream cheese walnut muffins to eat.


This was not a set up shot. She was just there. I got inspired and tried to get the other dogs set up, but the pictures just didn't turn out except the bottom one. =( But Lexi is sooooo cute! She looks just like a little present.


After decorating a I came up here. I'm going to redo my blog picture tomorrow. I think God sent the snow just for me today. =)
Also, I would appreciate prayer that it wouldn't be too cold or wet on the 13th as I am going riding with a friend. I am praying really hard, and I'm sure she is, too, as she hasn't had a chance to go since before last Christmas. So please pray.
0 comments:
Post a Comment