You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard this phrase in my head the last six months.
"Trust Me."
I've read it so many times in my Bible the last six months. If it's not there, it's at church. If not there, it's talking to someone and it will pop up. Or those times when I'm thinking about my life and how it's been the last six months.
God just keeps bringing this phrase to mind.
Now my point in saying all this is that I am trying to figure out how to trust God.
These are some definitions of the word "trust".
assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something
Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
Now, you can have definitions. That's all well and good. But what does that mean to me? What in the world can that do for me? It gives me the definition. It gives me the head knowledge.
What about the heart? What about doing it? How do I really know how to trust God?
I can say I trust God. I can tell Him I trust Him. I can announce to the world that I trust Him. I can pray for things and pretend to trust Him. I can say I trust Him.
But does that mean I do?
I mean, really, what does it mean to truly trust God?
Does it mean to tell Him all my secrets? Does it mean to know that He will provide? Does it mean to believe that He loves me? Does it mean to remember that He will never leave me? Does it mean to hope? Does it mean to call on Him and recall that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever?
Excuse me for sounding so immature when I talk about this. But I'm wondering what people think. Can I get some feedback on this?
I love God with all my heart. I try to put Him first in everything. I try to believe that He wants what's best for me. I try to know that He loves me and that He will provide.
It's hard to trust.
God, teach me to trust you.
"Trust Me."
I've read it so many times in my Bible the last six months. If it's not there, it's at church. If not there, it's talking to someone and it will pop up. Or those times when I'm thinking about my life and how it's been the last six months.
God just keeps bringing this phrase to mind.
Now my point in saying all this is that I am trying to figure out how to trust God.
These are some definitions of the word "trust".
assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something
Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
1. To have or place reliance; depend:
2. To be confident; hope.
1. To have or place confidence in; depend on.
2. To expect with assurance; assume:
3. To believe:
Now, you can have definitions. That's all well and good. But what does that mean to me? What in the world can that do for me? It gives me the definition. It gives me the head knowledge.
What about the heart? What about doing it? How do I really know how to trust God?
I can say I trust God. I can tell Him I trust Him. I can announce to the world that I trust Him. I can pray for things and pretend to trust Him. I can say I trust Him.
But does that mean I do?
I mean, really, what does it mean to truly trust God?
Does it mean to tell Him all my secrets? Does it mean to know that He will provide? Does it mean to believe that He loves me? Does it mean to remember that He will never leave me? Does it mean to hope? Does it mean to call on Him and recall that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever?
Excuse me for sounding so immature when I talk about this. But I'm wondering what people think. Can I get some feedback on this?
I love God with all my heart. I try to put Him first in everything. I try to believe that He wants what's best for me. I try to know that He loves me and that He will provide.
It's hard to trust.
God, teach me to trust you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment