Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rain, rain, go away...

I really hate rain.

It makes me feel sad and seems to drain me of energy.

And, yet, at the same time, it makes me inspired. I have no idea why. It's just an inspiring thing. It makes me think about God more. It makes me think about a lot of things.

I want to go riding again. I miss being around horses. It's pretty wet, though. And I was supposed to go with a friend.

Perhaps, people can't understand this, but for me, horses are very therapeutic. They just have something that nothing and no one else can give me. There's something special about each and every one of them. And each of them understands a different way. But, no matter how they respond, somehow I just know that they do. I can't really explain it. It's just so real and special. I really want a horse. No, let me rephrase that.

I really need a horse.

There's something awesome about riding in the rain. I've never ridden in pouring rain, but I have ridden in rain. I also really want to ride in the snow.

But I'm actually going to go hang out a barn tomorrow. I'm not riding, but I'm going to muck stalls, maybe clean tack, clean stuff, and maybe even groom some horses. I'm so excited. I can't wait to go. I'm also bringing carrots for them. And maybe apples. They'll be following me around like puppy dogs.

They'll love me forever. Maybe. I've never met these horses. I guess I will see. I'll be bringing my camera.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait! They'll love you. Pray for good weather. :)